Monday, August 3, 2009

Lake Powell

This weekend McKade and I got to go to Powell with my Family. We left Friday Morning and on the way down we stopped in Capitol Reef because we were ahead of schedule. I have never been there and it is so beautiful. I wish we could have had more time to enjoy the sights but here are a few pictures from the ride down.

 Picture 002 Picture 003 Picture 004 Picture 007

Lake Powell was so much fun, very very HOTTTTT, but way fun. We went tubing, fishing, swimming, and ate tons of good food. I think we might make it a yearly trip.

WARNING: Picture overload….. I guess it is feast or famine with me and my pictures!!!!

 Picture 008 Picture 009 Picture 010Picture 012 Picture 011

This is “Mable” we spent so much time on this tube. Sometimes she could be nice and other times she was brutal. Example Mykelin’s black eye…..

Picture 069 Picture 063

We caught TONS of fish, mostly stripers, which by the way are so much fun to catch, McKade caught at least 15. We also caught a large mouth bass, small mouth bass, a carp {on a potato chip}, some catfish, and a few sunfish.

Picture 055 Picture 013 Picture 028 Picture 029    Picture 042 Picture 044

I love the picture on the left, this is Mykelin’s Fish On face!!!!

Picture 034

Right after the last picture Mykelin came and sang to me, “I kissed a fish and I liked it…..” I think Russell really likes kissing the fish….

 Picture 015 Picture 032 Picture 036

Picture 016

Picture 075 Picture 014 Picture 017 Picture 023 Picture 025 Picture 026 Picture 027 Picture 030 Picture 031 Picture 033 Picture 038 Picture 039  Picture 048 Picture 053 Picture 057 Picture 058 Picture 059 Picture 060 Picture 067 Picture 070 Picture 074

Even though we came home looking like lobsters, it was a really fun weekend, and a perfect way to spend my 23rd Birthday!!!!!

1 comment:

Chandice said...

Looks like so much fun! We just got back from Lake Powell too, seriously like the exact same time. We were probably all there and didn't even know it! So fun! K I thought those pictures of Russell were Bryson, I can't believe how grown up he is!!! And Myklin is so grown up too. Shae, we are old ladies now! :)

"Life's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."