Three years ago this week, McKade and I became an official couple. I cannot believe it has been 3 years it seems like yesterday that I fell head over heels for that blue eyed, curly head boy.... In the spirit of this occasion I thought I would get sentimental and tell you all how we started this ride we are on.
McKade and I have known each other since High school, although we weren't very fond of each other then. I don't know why but both of us felt the same about the other, ANNOYED!!!! I like to tell him that it was because he secretly was in love with me, but whatever the case we didn't get along. Then after we graduated and "grew up" a little, we were neighbors at Snow College, and that is when our friendship started. Neither one of us acted on our feelings but we were very flirtatious and stayed up many nights talking and just hanging out. I guess it wasn't the right time for us because I found a boyfriend, and he started "dating" my roommate.
We lost touch for about a year until he called me late one night and asked me if I wanted to hang out the next day, he said one of his friends liked me, but wouldn't tell me which one. So the next night I met up with him and his friends, we were driving around in his truck. Slowly each of his friends found an excuse to leave, until it was just him and me, that's when I realized it was him that liked me. We drove around and just talked for hours, that's when it all began.....
A few days later he called me and asked me if I wanted to go to a Jazz game with him, I wasn't sure about him, but I thought it might be fun. I remember being so nervous to go with him. He was such a gentleman, he opened doors for me, had a pink jazz hat for me to wear, and we had so much fun. We went on a few more dates, and I tried to deny the feelings I had for him, but I didn't last long. The night we became an official "couple" we went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. Our waiter asked us what the occasion was, we both just kind of stared at him. He then asked, "Is this a first date, or are you guys a couple?" We both looked at each other and said we weren't sure. We didn't talk about it until we got back to my apartment, we were watching a movie and he turned to me and asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?" I know how old are we?? It was the most romantic moment ever, just thinking about it gives me butterflies. He is just so wonderful, and I love him so much, even more today than I did then. I can't wait to spend the rest of forever with him, I lub you hubster!!!!!
Here are some pictures of our first few months together.....




No comments:
Post a Comment